[TYPO3-dam] dam_frontend and FE Users

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Sat Aug 23 22:48:48 CEST 2008

chaps,

I might be a bilt late to the discussion however I feel the following
might be of interest to you:

-  podcast podkast_7mf_DamFE.m4v  featuring the author of dam_frontend;
  http://typo3.org/podcasts/kasper

- dam_frontend docu:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dam_frontend/0.1.2/view/1/3/
which states that you might easily differ between read (that seems to be
view) and download-Access;

I do have the feeling that your requirements could be solved with the
rihght configuration;
however the aithors: Martin Baum, Stefan Busemann <typo3 at no spam
pleasein2form.com>
for sure will be the best once to answer this question.

regards georg

Plugin DAM_Frontend Access Model
The access model of the DAM_Frontend plugin is built on categories. You
can assign groups for Read Access and or Download Access. If there is no
group assigned to category, then all files, which use this category can
be accessed. If there are more then one groups are assigned to a
category, a user must be member of both groups to have access to the file.
then checked the