[TYPO3-dam] fileadmin use in DAM

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Sat Aug 23 00:46:24 CEST 2008

Dan Osipov wrote:
> Yes, we'll have fileadmin directory symlinked to an iSCSI, but we'd like
> to offload Apache on the main server and serve media files (images and
> videos) via another server (domain.com for Typo3, media.domain.com for
> everything in fileadmin).
>
> So what do you think? Possible?

yes;
- setup your media.domain.com apache server pointing /fileadmin via NFS
to the iSCSI.
- within TYPO3 using the FE-generation / parsing functions you'd replace
all links to  */fileadmin/* with media.domain.com/fileadmin ...
- you're done;

hth, regards georg

PS: out of experiance I know that serving static files like file-admin
does not require very little CPU/Mem, so I fear you wont win too much
releave for the main server. In case you'd use a reverse proxy in front
of the main machine you'd gain quite more relieve.