[TYPO3-dam] fileadmin use in DAM

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Aug 22 03:24:53 CEST 2008

Dan Osipov wrote:
> We are hoping to have fileadmin on a different server, to offload the
> Typo3 processing server. The DAM urls should point to the different URL
> from the root Typo3 installation, however, looking through the code,
> there are several places where DAM is specifically looking for the path
> to fileadmin. Is it still possible to use a different URL in the FE? How?

Dan,
Did you consider NFS (with symlinks), or any other file-system-linkage
that's transparent to the application, instead of a different URL?
We do have an instance with some +250.000 media-files living on a
different server (via NFS), which works fine so far;
regards georg
BTW: even if NFS is no option, I'd go the route of virtual mounts /
file-systems - there are quite some interesting ones especially in the
area of cloud-computing / storage (like amazon and others do);