[TYPO3-dam] dam_frontend - number of files

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Aug 22 00:12:49 CEST 2008

Joe Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use dam_frontend_pi2 to select individual files from dam. I want to choose
> about 50 files but there seems to be a limit about 22 files. Does anybody
> know how to change this limit?
>
> Kind Regards
> Joe

As far as I can see (testing that is) it's not 22 but rather 25.

grepping for "25" in the EXT dam_frontend leads to:
   dam_frontend/ext_tables.php

which apparently defines:
   $tempColumns = Array (
	"tx_damdownloadlist_records" => Array (
		"exclude" => 0,
		"label" =>
"LLL:EXT:dam_frontend/locallang_db.php:tt_content.tx_damdownloadlist_records",

		"config" => Array (
			"type" => "group",
			"internal_type" => "db",
			"allowed" => "tx_dam",
			"size" => 10,
			"minitems" => 1,
			"maxitems" => 25,

So you can define the number of max-items in with a simple line like:

$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['tx_damdownloadlist_records']['config']['maxitems']
= 50;
which you would put into you custom extension containing only a file
called ext_tables.php.
Then load your custom extension AFTER the EXT dam_frontend and off you
go with 50 elements.

hth regards georg