[TYPO3-dam] supplement - Re: readonly backend access possible?

Alexander Rose alexander.rose at weirdbyte.de
Wed Aug 6 12:17:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

... good to see that there is at least one person with the same problem

Am 06.08.2008 um 09:34 schrieb georg kuehnberger:

> following up on my monologue,

thanks

> Idea #2 was
> - Create group-specific subfolders beyond "Media" and
> - set Page-Rights per Sub-Page & Group, which should be respected by
> DAM
> - then move tx_dam records into the subfolders according to your
> specific needs in regards to which group may read or write those
> records;
>
> So I setup subfolders (group1, group2) beyond the Media-Folder and set
> AccessRight "Edit Content" of one subfolder to NOBODY;
> Guess what happpens:
> - The folder rights (read/write) are respected fine in the Web > List
> Module;
> - The folder rights are IGNORED by the Media > File and > List Module;
> that is: users of BE-group1 and BE-group2 were still able to list &
> edit
> records in the subfolders.

how did you get dam to even recognice tx_dam records in subfolders of
Media?

> Ineresting btw: FE-wise this works quite fine: selected records from
> Media-Subfolders ARE shown fine in the FE;
>
> I conclude that the DAM Modules File & List, dont respect Page-Access
> Configurations, except for the Media Folder itself.

I agree, especially after looking in class.tx_dam_actionsFile.php,
class.tx_dam_listrecords.php, class.tx_dam_cm_record.php. I will give
it a try and modify it.

>  [...]

> However, I seriously DO feel that a DAM without a meaninful option for
> READ-ONLY records (for certain groups) based on folders IS somewhat
> incomplete.

+1

> PS: I somewhat fail to "word" a bugreport on this, anyone else ?

i'll see what i can do

regards
alex