[TYPO3-dam] T3 4.2.0 DAM 1.0.101 Translation handling

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Apr 29 02:18:12 CEST 2008

Ahoi Ron,

Took me a while to figure out your problem, guess I got it by now:

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner wrote:
> Hi Georg,
> thanks for your help.
>> - Add a transalation of the sysfolder itself
> That is what I can't figure out how to do. In Typo3 Version 4.2.0 there
> is no "Localization view" in any SysFolder.

- Another pre-requisite I forgot before: add a website-language record
on the root-page.

- Your "media" folder probably is (as per default) right beyond the
root-page (globe); that's fine so far.

Now: Web > Page > Click-On "Media" and in the right window on the top
you have to select "Languages" from the "Columns - Langages - Page Info"
drop down;

Then you may use: "Make new translation of this page:" to do exactly
that & Save it.

Now go to Media > File, Select the folder containing the record(s) in
question and Click on the EDIT Icon of any record;
On top of it you should see Dropdown "Language" where you may add you
translated Metadata;

>> - enable the checkbox "localization"
> Where is this checkbox hidden?
Same place as before: in the bottom of the right-most frame, right above
  the clipboard you should see checkboxes for:
   Extended view, Show clipboard, Localization view

> greetings
> Ron

all tested with 420 and DAM SVN (and even on W32 ;-)
hth, regards georg