[TYPO3-dam] simultaneous release of DAM and TYPO3 4.2?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Apr 20 18:08:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

> The point is quite simple since it's the only version which actually works
> with TYPO3 4.2.

And not even well at that. dam_catedit is broken for example. See bug:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7342

> No matter how the current timeplan for DAM 1.1 is looking, it is essential
> that DAM 1.0.12 will be released right after TYPO3 4.2 is out. It's a
> bugfix release and contains no new features, but it is the only way for
> non-SVN experts to keep on using the DAM...

I agree with that. I think the DAM team should follow the same kind of
process as the Core and release bug fix versions for 1.0 branch while
working on the 1.1 branch.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter