[TYPO3-dam] Does DAM die?

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Mon Sep 17 13:28:46 CEST 2007

Hello everyone

René didn't writhe any post in the list since nearly 5 months, and in
the last weeks there was nearly no movement. For me it's realy important
to know how DAM will continue?

There are still a lot of bugs to fix in rc1 and there is still a lot to
do for dam. TYPO3 needs something like a DAM, that's for shure, but it
has to be stable, it has to support the basic typo3 features like
workspaces and history.

I think a fileadmin with search function, versioning and that the files
are not copied when you insert them into a content element, are the
basic functions we realy need, everything else is nice to have.

And the most important point is, that it should integrate as transparent
as possible in the whole system. There should be a way to use dam
without adding dam fields for every file/image field, and changing the
fe source code the way that it uses DAM. Otherwise, DAM users will
always have a much smaler amount of extensions they can use. And there
is already a split up between 'just dam' and 'no dam support'
extensions, which is also not realy good, because this way the
development is done again and again and again.

What do you think about? What are your plans to improve DAM?

Regards, Jonas