[TYPO3-dam] Uploading MP3s

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Tue Oct 30 10:18:35 CET 2007

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Should stuff like this be assimilated into DAM or be a separate extension?

hey ben, hi yall,

good point:

as for metadata extraction services i dont think so.
principially services as i understand them provide functionality to what
ever part of the system wants to use it.

imagine a "Better Multimedia" Content-Element that takes
ma_meta_audiovideo to embed the flashplayer for flv-files in the needed
size. it would even run in an instance without any DAM at all.

the second thing about services is the idea to have more than one
service for a single purpose. if one is not able to get mplayer runing
(think of the "get everything you need for 9,99€ - here is your ftp
account" ;) we should definately have a working php based service doing
the same job even if with less quality in the results.

there are other parts of dam that id like to integrate in the long run
(already on my plans-list for the devteam ;))

greetinx
pekue