[TYPO3-dam] Looking for a gallery...

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Sun Oct 7 23:27:52 CEST 2007

georg kuehnberger wrote:
> Karsten,
> It's not DAM, but did you have a look at the gallery2 implementation?
> As far as I can see G2 offers all you need and even more.
> reards georg

Hey Guys,

Wel G2 is no T3 extension and we need a generic "The Gallery" extension based on
DAM where we can use all meta data for the gallery. The association does not
have any other projects at the moment then 5.0 I think. Extensions like DAM,
Commerce and Calendar Base could maybe be Association sponsored projects.
Although sponsoring does not necessarily speed up a project, as we have seen
before. The only way is that one of the DAM Gallery extension gains some
momentum and is picked up as gallery of choice. Commerce, tt_news, irfaq have
been upgraded with features because of customer demand.

@Karsten: Maybe take your favorite DAM Gallery and add that categorization? I am
not doing much with galleries so I can't really say what my favorite would be.

Scratch that itch ;-)

gRTz

ben

--