[TYPO3-dam] handling data outside of teh document root

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Wed May 23 06:54:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

> It is a *must-have* for the core of TYPO3, I believe. It changes the way you
> handle files and it seems like a modern day and logical solution. In migration
> to the new DAM concept I had to remove like 2000 duplicate files for one project
>  representing like 1.7 Gigs of wasted space.
>
> ,,,anyway what is the reason you would want to use another dir for that?
Because I want to handle image files that should *not* be accessible
directly in the browser.

I know there are some smaller solutions available in the TER but it can
happen that the number of files becomes very big (> 100000 images) and
so I think anything else than a management software isn't feasible.

To bring it to a point:

I want to handle a huge number of images (100000+) that are stored
outside of the document-root. (FE is another problem that has to be
solved later ;-) )

Greets,
Thomas