[TYPO3-dam] can't make new content after installing Dam(media)

georg k georg at georg.org
Thu May 3 16:04:05 CEST 2007

Roelof Wobben wrote:
> I find out that eco-gal did it.
> And i found this in my logs :
> Insert  Attempt to insert a record on page 'Onbekende kolom
> 'tx_ecogal_display' in field list' (tt_content:NEW) from table ''
> without permissions. Or non-existing page. (msg#1.1.12)
> Anyone who can help me now ?
> Regards,
> Roelof

This comes from function checkRecordInsertAccess
	 * Checks if user may insert a record from $insertTable on $pid
	 * Does not check for workspace, use ..
and tells you that the required field 'tx_ecogal_display' apparently is
not available in the table tt_content;

So apparently this field was not inserted during installation of the
extension; You best uninstall and reinstall eco-gal and especially
observe wether the needed db-changes are done during the installation
process.

I dont know the extension, though having a look at it's sql:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/eco_gal/0.7.6/info/ext_tables.sql/
scroll to the bottom,
it seems like all needed statements are commented with #
So, you'd best:
- remove the #
- reinstall the ext.

hth regrads georg
PS: IMHO it would have been best if your contact the extension author,
as he would have figured the solution instantly.