[TYPO3-dam] Any new news?

sven gaehle gaehle at naw.info
Mon Jul 16 12:07:49 CEST 2007

hi everybody,

first of all i would like to introduce myself, because somebody ask
"Just as a question: Who's Sven Gähle?".
If you have been at the tycon last year or the t3dev in 2007 it is
possible that you have already see me.
I'm not active at the mailing lists until now, but i know typo3 since
six years, most of the times spending
in developing extensions. I think that should be enough for now.

Regarding the status of the DAM projekt: As Ekkehard said before, for
personal reasons René's availability is currently rather low. This will
improve by autumn.

At the moment we prepare the infrastructure to improve the
DAM-Development process, getting all things in sync, which includes SVN.
We are also preparing a new DAM projectsite for typo3.org.

In other words: I am aware of the fact that there is currently little
progress on the code level, and I completely understand the displeasure
about the current situation, but I can only ask everybody to be a little
patient; I think we are on the right way!
For now, it is of course ok to have private fixes for urgent problems,
and it will be part of the work to review and maybe integrate these
fixes. The same is true for future ("bazaar" :- ) contibutions. But
please be aware that DAM has a pretty clean but complex architecture and
we really want to keep it that way.

We have just started to improve the development and maintenance process,
we know the problems, so please give us a chance to make things right!

Thank, you!

greets
Sven