No subject

Mon Jul 2 17:45:05 CEST 2007

to be. Additionally, a lot of documentation is missing.

So at least you will have to spend a lot of time before you understand how
things work inside. Don't understimate what Michiel seems to be doing! :-)

I remember Julle saying me that TYPO3 is about the same, although I disagree
with him. In my case, understanding the logic behind the code was a lot
easier for TYPO3 (though I admit that I did not spend half as much time in
DAM).

>> b) We believe that it is important to keep René involved, since it is
>> his "baby" and he still has veery amazing knowledge in TYPO3 and
>> surroundings. We have to respect the fact that for personal reasons, his
>> availabilty is currently rather low, and that he is not going to do too
>> much voluntary work on the project since he did really much in the past
>> which didn't "pay off" (not only in the monetary meaning).
>
> I do not understand the deal with "pay off". Working on OS projects should
> be a personal itch. I can understand not having a financial "pay off" can
> get you in a tight spot, though. Isn't it a "pay off" to have the respect
> of all these people on the list thanking Rene for what he did? Or am I
> being to idealistic with this approach?

Earning respect and nice words doesn't help you to feed your childrens
mouths!

However, I think that the given impression that DAM has proven to be a
failure for open source is wrong. There were quite some financial offerings
to improve DAM functionality, however even then it was almost impossible to
get a response from René...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out