[TYPO3-dam] Any new news?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 09:28:04 CEST 2007

Hi Ekki,

thanks for providing this status report.

> a) We definitely need better maintenance and in this project (and this
> b) We believe that it is important to keep René involved, since it is his
> c) So what we did is try to figure out a "DAM Support Model" that is aimed
> d) This model has to include a second developer who is getting educated on
> e) Both René and Sven will receive a monthly funding (though on different
> f) The money required needs to be collected from a number of interested
> g) The whole thing has already started but is basically still in education
> h) Of course, the entire concept is non-commercial, i.e. all money goes

> These things have first been announced at the CeBIT, see

http://www.typo3partner.net/news/newsdetails/artikel/dam-support-by-typo3partner.html

That's indeed a nice list. But CeBIT is again three months ago. Why does
even the announcement of such an attempt have to wait for so long? If I
look at the points above, I wonder what is missing for going public and ask
for support of other companies.

In case you need any help, please just ask!

I'm sure there are some who would like to participate in sponsoring, but
also be able to provide input to the project goals.

> - but a real presentation of the concept to the public has yet to come. An
> information on typo3.org will be ready by the end of this month. (sorry I
> know we're slow here, but there are internal questions that need to be
> sorted out.) Whoever likes to get in touch quicker, for now please use
> http://www.typo3partner.net/kontakt.html. (For those who wonder: The DAM
> Support Model will be a _non_-TYPO3partner project from the moment it goes
> public.)

All fine. Talking about "internal questions that need to be sorted out" just
makes me feel that it already depends to much on it.

> I strongly believe this is very good news - at least the concept was
> designed with the best intentions by companies that are as much interested
> in (and have been suffering from) DAM as probably all of you :-)

I really hope so. Unfortunately the concept seems to be compiled behind
closed doors, which seems fair for an open source project, but not if
you're going to ask for sponsors.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out