[TYPO3-dam] Open files from filesystem

Christo Romberg coromberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:40:29 CET 2007

Hi!

Is there anyway to bypass the download-part when you open a digital
asset from the DAM? What I would like to achieve is as if you'd double-click
on a file in a filesystem - it opens in it's creating app directly.
Not that I find the existing method for opening assets wrong; - the
described
one above would just suite my needs better.

Would the file:/// protocol suffice? How could I integrate it?
I'd store the files in the document root, so the files would not be
"out of range".

Any ideas anyone? :)

Best regards,
Christo