[TYPO3-dam] Backend user and DAM media files result in XML error

Brian Bendtsen info at bendtsen-solutions.dk
Wed Sep 13 22:27:16 CEST 2006

René Fritz skrev:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have set up a backend user with a couple of filemounts.
>>
>> Im using DAM but my problem is that when I log in as backend user and
>> use the Media->File module and click on one of my mounts I get an XML
>> error and half an error message: "<b>|Inserting meta record failed. See
>> log for reason!|</b>DOCTYPE html....."
>
> Did you add the Media folder to the users db mounts?
>
> René

Hi

Thanks for the Tip, another little problem I have:

I have created a couple of DAM categories and a couple of backend users.

I want the users to have access to only one of these categories, so I
choose one category for the backend user but when I log in as a backend
user and choose Media->Categories only the chosen category is available
in the tree structure, but in the Categories list in the right window
all the categories are shown and the user can change the name of all of
them. Is this a bug or is there a workaround?

/Brian