[TYPO3-dam] DAM Backend User Permissions for Media->File

Jeff Jones jjones at xylogix.com
Tue Sep 12 14:07:28 CEST 2006

In a 3.8 installation, I have DAM installed, and working fine for the Admin user.
 I have begun to extend usage to a class of backend users (Editors) on the
system, and have failed to find the correct permission settings for them.  My
goal is to allow them to not only have access to Media->List - which works - but
also allow them access to upload files to the various file system directories in
fileadmin and to classify/process them in the DAM.

I have given the backend users access to the filesystem mount for the entire
fileadmin directory, and I have given them DB mounts to the root and down, as
well as Media.  I have even experimented with given them access to the entire
tree in a futile attempt to get this corrected.

Has anybody run into this issue?  Have I missed something?