[TYPO3-dam] pdfinfo etc. doesn't work

Christian Tauscher cms at media-distillery.de
Tue Oct 24 19:30:06 CEST 2006

Dominik Schmich schrieb:

> I installed the DAM extension and some extract extension. With the function
> "services info" of the dam index extension I can see the information of the
> available services for indexing.
>
> All Services which depend on an external program tell me that they are not
> available.
>
> I tried the programs by connecting thru ssh and they work! I checked the
> rights for all programs, the whole dir "/usr/bin" have the access rights 755
> (rwxr-xr-x) so the webserver should be able to start them. I tried to set
> the rights to 777, nothing.

Maybe some openBaseDir option in your php.ini? If so php cannot see
further than to your Web-Root for security reasons.

Try to set in php.ini openbasedir = off (not shure about the correct
spelling right now, but you will find the entry!)

Check your apache vhost configuration acordingly, cause you may set this
option on a per vhost basis, too wich is quite common to do so.

Not to forgett:

apache2clt restart

Christian.