[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 27 00:39:56 CET 2006

Hi René,

> I must say I'm disappointed
>
> People whine 'oh what's about the DAM development progess', but nobody is
> able to test a long available solution to a problem and give feedback.

There was a reply from Ingmar who was proactively trying to merge your
mmforeign functionality with his own solution which has been put into the
core. Unfortunately, you never replied to his last mail from September 13
but still release a customized mmforeign extension instead.

I agree with whoever sent you that private reply. Unfortunately the DAM
development is still a one-man-show with big code changes every time you
come back. It's really hard to discuss, it's really hard to motivate
oneself to contribute.

For example, I would be willing to help you to manage DAM through the
Subversion repository in "typo3xdev", as you asked for that. However, I'm
not sure if it's worth to start writing if I won't get any feedback from
you afterwards... I hope you see that point, and I hope you start improving
this situation.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out