[TYPO3-dam] news_dam_con templateFile

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Tue May 9 22:31:25 CEST 2006

Brian Slezak wrote:

> In the news_dam_con extension, the included static template uses the setup
> value:
> plugin.tt_news {
>   templateFile = EXT:news_dam_con/res/tx_newsdamcon_tmpl.html
>
> which overrides the value:
>
> plugin.tt_news {
>   templateFile = {$plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile}
>
> The news_dam_con templateFile would be better specified in a constant,
> allowing users to continue to use the constant editor.
>
> Should I report this in the bugtracker?

no, because I don't want encourage users to use the file upload mechanism in
the constant editor. If you use the upload button in the constant editor
there will be a copy of the file created in the uploads/ folder - it's much
more handy to edit the filelink directly in the setup field and work on the
template which is stored f.e. in filadmin/templates/.

greets
rupert