[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon May 8 09:14:39 CEST 2006

Hi Pieter

Pieter wrote:
> Rupert Germann wrote:
>> I still did not find out why the count of the mm relations is stored in
>> e.g. the field 'category' in tt_news but I also didn't find any negative
>> side effects of not storing it anymore ... until now.
>
> mmforeign is about 2-way mm relations.  I think the extension should be
> invisible to the 'normal' mm relations, like used in tt_news.

yes and no. ;-)
the new 2-way relations which are introduced by mmforeign are extending the
known mm relations - there is no new fieldtype, only some new parameters on
the normal mm relation field.
And if you look at the XCLASSes from mmforeign you'll see that it changes
things in the functions which are also used by normal mm relations.

> This
> count value in the tt_news extension might not be a problem but what
> about all other extension using mm-relations?

since mmforeign is marked as "experimental" and I also changed some things
in that extension we have an "experimental-dev-version" now.
So you're absolutely right in having some doubts about it and not using it
on your production site with an 100k records TYPO3 installation. ;-)

> The new fixed version seems to work fine with tt_news so we made a big
> step forward!

cool!

greets
rupert