[TYPO3-dam] Categories show up without table access

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 24 20:41:53 CEST 2006

On 18.07.2006 21:33 Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>> 4.) I have not given access to the table *Media Category*.
>>
>> Nonetheless the category tree is listed, wich I would not expect.
>>
>> Is this a bug or a feature?
>>

> There are several other modules (Media Metadata, ...) where the user has
> read access to tables although I didn't grant it to him. But he never has
> write access before I grant it.

Hi Elmar.

For feature state and plans, have a look at the project pages:
http://typo3.org/development/projects/digital-asset-management/roadmap/

"DAM Roadmap

Beta 2 (mid July)

Integration into the BE Userrights Management. Access to DAM records
could be granted on a category level.

(...)"

I bet mid of July is outdated. Someone in the list wrote that Rene
became father...

--
cheers,
Steffen