[TYPO3-dam] DAM implementation for photo-agency (up to 2 000 000 photos)

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sun Jan 8 22:25:05 CET 2006

Hi Valery,

I cannot say if DAM will fullfill all your needs. Probably not, but it
is THE way to manage assets like pictures. IPTC is already supported. I
think IPTC was also used in the www.greenpeace.de website. I would
advise you to thorougly test DAM and then think again. I think a good
solution for photo storage would be a welcome addition to TYPO3.
Institutions like universities and other larger companies are looking
for something like this. Backendwise the stuff you mention is
practically possible. It seems to me a solution like that should be
hosted on a separate machine and that there should be some kind of
connection to a website or websites where these images are needed or
whatever needs to be done with these images (like printing).

gRTZ

ben

--
netcreators::creation and innovation