[TYPO3-dam] Thumbnails problem with 4.0.3 (thumbs.php)

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Thu Dec 7 13:29:58 CET 2006

Hi all ... I started a new thread as Julien and me seemingly hijacked
another one for this topic... sorry!

 > I noticed a problem in the generation of thumbnails with last version
 > of sources (4.0.3) and DAM1.1beta2.
 > The thumbnails are not generated any more in Module List>List and
 > List>Thumbnails.

same problem here with 4.0.3 and dam 1.0.7

What I figured out so far:

In 4.0.3 a security fix in thumbs.php has been implemented [1] which
prevents the thumbnails from being displayed.

Also I noticed that actually we find TWO thumbs.php in the core. One in
/typo3 and another one (which is the more actual one) in /t3lib.

Okay ... but the one in /typo3 just includes the other one.

The problem is that the method thumbnail() in
dam/lib/class.tx_dam_guifunc.php (line 773) will not display the image
because of line 172 in thumbs.php:

die('Error: Image does not exist and/or MD5 checksum did not match.');

So ... the problem is the checksum. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue
yet how to fix that.

[1] http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-20061205-1/

Regards,
Jochen