[TYPO3-dam] mmforeign causes troubles...

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Mon Apr 17 12:00:03 CEST 2006

Hello DAM people,

I discovered DAM a week ago and embraced it with enthusiasm but today I
discovered some problems with it.

I use the basic DAM extensions, dam_filelinks and dam_ttcontent.
Because of this I have the extension mmforeign installed (rev. 0.1.0).

But mmforeign 0.1.0 screws up other parts of Typo3.  Example: the first
'news category' (with uid=1) is added to a news record each time you
edit a news record.

I'm now into doubt whether I should dive into the code or not.  I don't
know how hard it is to fix this. My Typo3 core knowledge might be too
limited also.

So, I ask this list: is a quick fix for this problem possible? Or should
I start removing all brand-new DAM based content elements from my website?

Pieter