[TYPO3-dam] DAM and non-admin BE users

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Mon Apr 10 13:22:09 CEST 2006

> I can't seem to get write permission to the DAM file properties for
> non-admin BE users.  In Typo3 4.0 the edit pencil is disabled, in 3.8
> the edit pencil is missing.
> I have been searching in the "BE usergroup" and "BE user" settings.  I
> enabled everything I could find (as a test) but it made no difference.

You have to add the "Media" Sysfolder to the users DB Mounts.

Hint:
---------
Set Media SysFolder invisible
Media records in the Media SysFolder are not meant to be edited with another
module than the DAM. While the SysFolder is visible to users, one can edit
records with the Web>List module. With the following User TSconfig option the
Media SysFolder (example page id: 23) can be made invisible in TYPO3 V4+.

options.hideRecords.pages = 23

(Note: in TYPO3 V 4.0.0 this works only when the SysFolder is not a DB mount
itself but inside a DB Mount. As workaround move the Media SysFolder to a
location inside a DB Mount)

René

--
COLORCUBE