[TYPO3-dam] 1.0 final released

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 7 17:57:40 CEST 2006

René Fritz schrieb am 07.04.2006 17:08:

>> > What about TYPO3 3.8?

>> Wouldn't it be better to put all those XCLASSes into a new extension
>> "dam_compat38", which can be installed on a case to case basis? This way
>> the "dam" extension wouldn't need to ship with all those compat-classes.
>
> In principle I fully agree, but I don't know how to handle the dependencies
> correctly or even if it's possible.
>
> Means the EM should allow installation
> - if T3 V4
> - OR if T3 3.8 and dam_compat38 installed
>
> Any hints?

No idea. I would leave it "as is" (dam requires 4.0.0). Installing DAM
v1.0.0 on 3.8.x currently requires fiddling with in the dependencies
anyway, so this would just require 3.8 users to: 1) install
"dam_compat38", 2) adapt dam's dependencies.

Having dam_compat38 as a separate package allows you to tag it as
"experimental", clearly showing its status. And also allows you to "hand
it over" to someone that is more interested in having this work in 3.8
enviroments, and let you concentrate more on it working with 4.0.

Cheers,
Ernesto