[TYPO3-dam] Using DAM in TemplaVoila FCE DS?

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Wed Apr 5 19:47:32 CEST 2006

> Hi!
>
> I´m trying to create an FCE with images that should be choosen from my
> DAM assets, keeping the "File reference" in the "Usage" section of the
> Media-List up to date.
>
> The extension dam_content does the job for "traditional" Image-elements
> - but what about FCE´s?
>
> Any ideas? (Should be some kind of code in the FCE DataStructure, but I
> can´t find any hint...)

You're right.

In dam/tca_media_field.php you find some predefined TCA structures for special
form fields to be used with DAM.

The extension dam_ttcontent for example do this in ext_tables.php:

$tempColumns = array(
  'tx_damttcontent_files' =>
txdam_getMediaTCA('image_field', 'tx_damttcontent_files')
);
t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns('tt_content',$tempColumns,1);

The good thing is, when the TCA needs to be changed (and this just happened)
other extension don't need to be changed too.

Unfortunately this do not work for data structures and currently there's no
template which can be used. So you have to convert the TCA array to DS XML
manually. When you're done you can post the result here.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab