[TYPO3-dam] Indexing stops at approx. 256 files

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Sep 28 08:33:42 CEST 2005

Thomas Murphy wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> today I did the first larger indexing of files and I faced some kind of
> error when indexing about 2000 files: after the 256 image, the indexing
> stopped and started again from the beginning, over and over again.
>
> Is this some kind of memory limitation?

no, it's a kind of time limitation. The DAM indexer starts itself again
after 20 seconds to prevent reaching the PHP timeout.

line 449 in file ext/dam_index/lib/class.tx_damindex_rules.php defines the
time:

// reload at this time
$this->indexEndtime = time()+20;

if you now increase this value to f.e. 55 and you also raise the max
execution time for php to 60 seconds it should work.
At least for me it did with 2000 pdfs in one folder.

hth & greets
rupert

PS: @rene, can you make this value configurable in the ext configuration?