[TYPO3-dam] Indexing freezes browser

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Tue Oct 25 11:59:48 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

in a large project we're indexing about 2000 files a day.
I wrote a service which extracts some metadata from the filenames and
copies them from an "incoming" folder to an archive.
We skipped the indexing for some days now, having a total of about 8000.
Indexing these freezes the browser by using too much virtual memory.
I searched in my service for a solution and erased all suspicious
looking devlog statements, but nothing changes.
Even when indexing around 1000 files, the browser freezes and the
indexing stops at approximately 500 files.

Has anyone had that problem too?

bye,
Thomas