[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Tue Oct 4 13:17:54 CEST 2005

> this topic is mentioned to discuss the development of a DAM gallery
> extension. Jan-Hendrik Heuing allready startet coding a extension and
> published his current develoment state on TER for a collaborative
> development (if I understood this correct).

At this stage, I'll keep my hands on it, but generaly you can do most of
what you want already with some configuration:

> I had a quick look at it and it's allready nice, but sill misses a lot of
> features for an overall gallery.

You probably had a look at the gallery, not the configuration of the
extensionframework I guess ;) dd_dam_gallery is just an example of how to
use dd_extensionframework.

> First - I'd like to help developing this extension.
> Second - some ideas for possible features:
>
> - possibility to limit gallery to selected categories

No problem, whis is switch "category", which is controled by either URL,
configuration or local settings in a custom extension (example is
dd_dam_gallery).

> - category-selection optional recursive

Which means... ?
At the moment you can easily get media per category. As dd_dam_gallery is
just an example, you can just implement a few codelines, which would query
getMedia() for each category. But I guess it would make sense to implement
that into the framework. Parts of it is implemented already.

> - maybe filtering of the entries through a dropdown-box

Which is a frontend thing.. From the technical side it's all there. Example:
- get all media related to category 3
- get all media which contain a category which is "%test" as part of the
category title
- get all media which contain certain details in certain fields, for
dam-records as well es for categories
- paging
- sorting
- inherit access-rights: not included in enableFields, as that would only
query the local category. Setting this options, it also checks for access
rights of parent categories if you can access that local category...
- some other things...

> - flexform for configuring the extension

Thought about that as well, would make sense for a full features gallery.
But this does not belong into the framework. Got some things running here:
- There are 2 or 3 extensions which register within the same FE-plugin with
checkboxes. So you add those things for example for flexforms as well.
- Extension-Plugins which do the following:
    - ext1 displays gif, jpg like the one now does...
    - ext2 has got some render-info for mp3
    - ext3 ...for oo-docs
Alltogether they are rendered with the same plugin, but different media
assets can be added through individual extensions...

> - search

- true for FE, implemented already in PHP

> - detail-view of images (maybe extendable by additional

This is just a small config, and I didn't wanted that in that gallery. All
is done already, it just needs some template config ;)

I don't get these points though...:
>   dam-plugin-fields from other DAM-extensions)
> - possibility to also view images by file and folders
> - multiple category filters (like in the BE)
> - list-view optional grouped by subcategories
> - optional limit by listing images from subcategories
> - latest-view with possibility to view latest pictures by
>   category or filter them
>
> => long story short - like tt_news - but for images :)
>

> Any further ideas?
>
> --
> Greetings, Franz Koch

To sum it up... Most of things are implemented, it just needs activation in
a plugin like dd_dam_gallery...

JH