[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery - development discussion (was 'DAM Photo Gallery' in german list)

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Oct 4 11:30:35 CEST 2005

Hi List,

this topic is mentioned to discuss the development of a DAM gallery
extension. Jan-Hendrik Heuing allready startet coding a extension and
published his current develoment state on TER for a collaborative
development (if I understood this correct).

I had a quick look at it and it's allready nice, but sill misses a lot
of features for an overall gallery.

First - I'd like to help developing this extension.
Second - some ideas for possible features:

- possibility to limit gallery to selected categories
- category-selection optional recursive
- maybe filtering of the entries through a dropdown-box
- flexform for configuring the extension
- search
- detail-view of images (maybe extendable by additional
   dam-plugin-fields from other DAM-extensions)
- possibility to also view images by file and folders
- multiple category filters (like in the BE)
- list-view optional grouped by subcategories
- optional limit by listing images from subcategories
- latest-view with possibility to view latest pictures by
   category or filter them

=> long story short - like tt_news - but for images :)

Any further ideas?

--
Greetings, Franz Koch