[TYPO3-dam] Indexing stops at approx. 256 files

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Tue Oct 4 03:18:25 CEST 2005

Hey René,

René Fritz wrote:
>>no, it's a kind of time limitation. The DAM indexer starts itself again
>>after 20 seconds to prevent reaching the PHP timeout.
>

> Yes but why does it not work for Thomas??
> It worked for me ... bug in ter version?

It worked by raising the php execution time limit.

Guessing: When the reindexing starts to prevent reaching the time limit,
  do you try to index only *new* files and the strange thing is, that
with my setup, all the files are reindexed again and again?
Because this is what I expected would happen at large file amounts: The
indexer starts a new process that goes on with the rest of the files.

bye,
Thomas