[TYPO3-dam] Problems in installing DAM (TYPO3 3.8.0, PHP 5.0.4, FC4)

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Oct 1 19:14:45 CEST 2005

I have a problem regarding to installation of DAM, and I don't understand
why or what the problem are. I find it strange, because I have managed to
make the installation work on two other installations, but on different servers.

The problem is:
It looks like the installation is going OK. All the different part of DAM
i showing in left Frame, but selecting one of the choices in left frame (List,
File, Info, Indexing, Tools), only give empty frames in middle and right.
I have cleared both caches, and logged out and in. All as BE-user with admin
rights. Checking the pagetree I notice that the catalog Media isn't created,
as in my other installations. And I suppose it's here the problem lies buried.
I don't get any error messages.

The three different servers has nearly the same ext. installed.

The problem server has following configuration.
- TYPO3 3.8.0, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4, MySQL 4.1.12, Fedora Core 4-x64.

The servers where DAM is OK.
- TYPO3 3.8.0, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.5, MySQL 5.0.12-nt-beta, Win XP SP2
- TYPO3 3.8.0, Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.4.0, MySQL 4.1.14, linux 2.4.31 kernel
(Don't know exactly which distro, it's my ISP).

Hope someone can give me a hint where to look for a solution. Or maybe have
the solution.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no