[TYPO3-dam] dd_dam_gallery

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Thu Dec 8 01:55:13 CET 2005

Hello Thomas,

> For Pagebrowsing you must insert:
>
>  if ($this->piVars['pointer']) $this->mConf['pointer'] =
> $this->piVars['pointer'];
>
> Jan i have tested with 20000 Pictures and it work :-)
>
> Jan, you still work on the extension?

This was more ment as a preview as people have asked for it. Paging should
actualy work, as it has been in use. Asit is "a version in between", there
could be bugs in it, I changed a lot in dd_extensionframework.

Anyway, yes, you were right it seems ;)

This extension is more a preview of how you can use dd_extensionframework.
And yes, I am still working on it. Not activly though, but I will spend more
time in it, probably in january. You might have seen some ajax-stuff, this
is working already partly, but is not done in a nice way. It's more like
proof-of-concept. Bookmarking of photos will work, as well as saving those
bookmarks as individual diashow and all sorts of things.

Right now, there is no time going deeper in it. I will spend time on it
project related in december. It will be an image gallery, working different
to this one, but also based on dd_extensionframework.

As I am developing those things project related, there will be some work on
an annotation-system which is related to tables and elements, so it can not
only be used for image galleries, but for other elements like news or
articles as well. If you enable that, you can comment those images. This is
already working in it's first version. As long as the plugin-architecture is
not fixed, it doesn't make sense publishing those things. There will be
updates in january....

JH