[TYPO3-content-rendering] Global/Individual caption by constant?

Thomas Skierlo tsk at pix-pro.eu
Fri Sep 13 11:17:20 CEST 2013

I'm currently rewriting part of css_styled_content by using the render_textpic hook. I want to use as many of the current elements settings as possible, while getting rid of all the bloat I don't need for Twitter Boostrap 3. When it comes to caption rendering  global or per-image caption  it feels kind of strange to use a once for all times decision from a constant instead of an element's Flexform field. By abusing the "image_noRows" field it's a piece of cake to switch caption rendering on a per element basis. Shouldn't this be changed for 6.2LTS too? It is much more flexible.

Regards,

Thomas