[TYPO3-content-rendering] Defining articles/sections using grouped content elements

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Aug 9 17:54:15 CEST 2011

Hi Patrick,
Patrick Broens wrote:

> That is the problem, it has to do with the editor. TYPO3 can't decide if
> one cObj is an article or multiple cObj's make one article. There can be
> multiple articles on one page, in one column.
>
> In your example at least it should be section, not article, but that's
> wrong too.
>
> HTML5 is no fun for CMS's, if you want to apply it the right way ;-)

I thought a little about it the last two days...
I don't think you can do this without additional functionality in the page
module. First of all we would need Drag'n'Drop there, otherwise any solution
will result in click, click, click parties.
Then we would need a completely new functionality of some kind of "content
collector" inside columns. This will clutter the page module :| (Think about
a more complex grid view and then multiple collectors for each column. The
normal editor will get lost.)
I don't think this should be done with a special content element and IRRE,
because this feels somehow "hacky".
Then the whole construct would need a representation in the list module (or
not? - it does not support columns either).

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe