[TYPO3-content-rendering] BLE, core and HTML5

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Aug 9 11:32:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would like to see the css_styled... seperated ...

This way it's clear what they do and the TS is much smaller and parsing
should be faster ;)

Additionally there can be an simply option to add the compatibility JS
File via a constant.

BUT please avoid any hack ;) - I'd like to use a CMS with fully
complient output ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 09.08.2011 11:16, schrieb Patrick Broens:
> Hi,
>
>> My opinion is that whenever we implement HTML5 support, it should be
>> done without hacks in the output.
>>
>> If I choose to use HTML5 as output mode, I expect it to be HTML5 and not
>> something in between to be compatible with browsers not supporting
>> HTML5. If this is needed, I should either use another mode (XHTML, ...)
>> or manually import one of those compatibility JS files that aim at
>> "fixing" support for advanced CSS in older browsers (AFAIK).
>
> Thanks Xavier, that's my opinion as well. Should I throw this question
> in the core list as well?
>
> Patrick

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org