[TYPO3-content-rendering] Image longdesc attribute in HTML5

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Aug 5 08:46:59 CEST 2011

Am 04.08.2011 14:03, schrieb Patrick Broens:
> Hi,
>
> In HTML5 the img tag longdesc attribute is obsolete.
>
> This is what W3C says about it:
> Use a regular a element to link to the description.
>
> Right, this means if the image has not been linked, we can move the
> longdesc url to an anchor around the image.
>
> If there is already a link, we can't use the longdesc URL. Nothing will
> be done with it.
>
> Any suggestions? Otherwise I'm going to do it like this.
>
> Cheers
> Patrick
Hi Patrick,
I think, that the longdesc most times is not used as link, but filled up
with text.
Therefore I would like to verfify if it is an url before linking.
And if we put the link "around", a rel-attribute definetely should be in
place?

What bothers me most times: Lightbox-Link, Linking an Image and LongDesc
link would be 3 links which might be appliable to an image...
We definetively have to define an priority order - if all 3 are given.

regards

Steffen