[TYPO3-content-rendering] Getting back the divider element

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon May 18 21:14:26 CEST 2009

Hey,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Susanne Moog wrote: on 18.05.2009 18:39:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> as you probably know from the thread in the dev list the divider element
>> was hidden by default some time ago by a css styled content option.
>>
>> Questions now:
>> - Should the div element be shown by default?
>> - If it should be shown, what should it output?
>> --- nothing at all
>> --- a <hr />
>> --- a <div></div>
>> --- something else
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I already have the patch prepared to propose this to the core team.

Great!

> I was also about to propose a single <hr/>.
> But styling an HR might be hard when aiming at IE, which is why a DIV
> around it can be helpful. So my idea considering this would be to output:

> Before ranting about the extra-DIV,
who, me? ;-)

> remember that we are not rendering
> for the "xhtml-purist", but for the "mass of people" that need to work
> with it.

I'm perfectly fine with that, the purists can just adjust the rendering
themselves. And I like the idea of having the div back, as the frame is
"semantically" something around a content element, and not something
before or after it, even if you can use it that way.

So please post your patch, I'll test and +1 it :-)

Best regards,

Susanne

--
Susanne Moog