[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Jun 15 10:47:47 CEST 2009

Susanne Moog wrote:

> Krystian Szymukowicz schrieb:
>> Without any margin set in CE I will get top margin 20px. If I set top CE
>> margin to 5px I will get top margin 5px instead of 25px as expected
>> because inline margin-top will overwrite value from css file.
>>

> Yes, that's right and what I expect if I enter a margin in a content
> element. If I think of myself as an editor and there's a field like
> "space before" I expect that it renders exactly this space in front of
> the element if I define something there otherwise it gets reverted to
> default. So I think the new rendering makes more sense than the old one.

> (And btw it's more flexible now: If you defined your frame with a
> margin-top of 20px and want to have only 5px in a certain element, you
> can just define the space of 5px and be done with it)
>
> In the end it depends on what you expect and what you are used to.

Right.

It gives more flexibility although I am not sure if its makes much more
sense to editor but this is just like you said - one can get used to new
way - esspecialy if its more flexible.

But lets get back to margin-bottom vs height :)

With the patch applied you have created:

in the old 4.2 it was:

I have created quite simple test scenario.

First CE Text - sample text:  "test paragraph"
Second CE Text - sample text: "test paragraph"

in the css paragraph has margin bottom:
p {margin: 0 0 25px 0}

Now if I use 4.3 with your patch applied then any value between 0-25
entered in field "After" of "First CE Text" gives no visible change.
If you enter for example 30 then it moves by 5px.

Can you check it? Maybe my tests are wrong.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz