[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sun Jun 14 12:18:12 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper pisze:

> With TV you don't have these problems. You can make custom wraps for
> your CE's individual, very easy.
>
> The classic rendering is very limited in this. But you could disable the
> wrapping completely and add wrap constructs with TS individual, for sure
> some extrawork.

Yes you're right, but as I wrote in answer to Franz Koch, TV requires
additional job and not everyone knows how to, can or want to make it.
Until MTB is still the most standard and basic way for templating it
should have the possibility (even if not set by default) to set "No
frame" just for best flexibility... without installing NO any extension.

I can omit this problem, ie. by adding this frame by myself, which is no
problem for Sussane, me, you, and most of TYPO-people I know... But what
about people, who just upgraded their implementations to 4.3 and they
see, that's new - default wrap of their contents (where there was no
wrap before) and they have no possibility to change it without
overriding manually the TS code in their TS templates...

We can preserve this, by additional "No frame" placed in the list.

Fortunately as I showed in first post, this gap can be filled with few
lines in CSC static TS and I think that should be placed just for peace
and quite :)

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)