[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: Let's discuss the "default frame" in 4.3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Jun 13 21:53:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Well You're right. Now I can see that my sample is wrong, consider such
> situation:
>
> CE1 (HTML): <div class="mySpecialWrap"> (no frame)
>   CE2 (TEXTPIC): textpic CE (no frame)
>   CE3 (TEXTPIC): textpic CE (no frame)
>   CE4 (TEXTPIC): textpic CE (no frame)
> CE5 (HTML): </div> (no frame)

according to this example I assume you're not using templavoila. But if
you do, you could use a 1-column FCE as a container for other CEs that
you like to wrap/highlight?

To get a clean markup for this example, you also have to mess with the
old 4.2 rendering - as CE5 will have a useless anchor tag prepended. So
you have to mess with the TS rendering anyway. With the new rendering
method you simply would have to remove the closing </div> tag for all
frames not being the default frame (having this one a empty class) and
provide a additional section frame "end of highlight" or something. As
the rendering is a CASE construct it's not a big deal to adopt it
accordingly.

And I don't think we can provide a valid and accessible default markup
that will work for every strange rendering setup that might be used out
there. In those special cases it's not that a big deal to modify the
default csc-TS to work with the example above. And you're anyway free to
use the "traditional" TS templates (<=4.2) when you upgrade a old
installation.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch