[TYPO3-content-rendering] Divide css_styled_content in multiple templates to rid ourselves of the compat versions

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Tue Dec 2 16:18:07 CET 2008

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>>> "# good old parsefunc in "styles.content.parseFunc" is created for
>>> backwards compatibility. Don't use it, just ignore.
>>> styles.content.parseFunc < lib.parseFunc"
>>>
>> leave it.
>>
>>> or the content element "splash". Should those be kept in the current
>>> version or can I discard them?
>>>
>> leave it, as you can activate splash if you want.
>
> Then you can also add the needed TS-snippet ;)
>

> shouldn't we take the opportunity and remove all the outdated
> HTML4-Markup and provide a clean and accessible XHTML version of CSC
> that can be used by default without rewriting major parts to get a clean
> output? Just like suggested in the tutorial on T3CON?
>
> I don't see why we should keep that outdated stuff - who is using it
> anyway nowadays?

Hey Guys/Girl,

I am delighted to see slome movement again. Most of the list I agree on. From
the beginning I always used a clean extension to remove unwanted markup. Even
after all changes we nee that in the current versions too unfortunately. For the
first 4 we would also need backwards compatibility. So I don't know how
realistic this would be. Patrick Broens is working on a new FORM object as a
sysext. Be sure that style and accessiblity are numero uno there. I am looking
over his shoulder literally so don't worry about that. What would be
propositions for the MULTIMEDIA element. I is also a good idea to integrate css
styled links I think.

gRTz

ben

--