[TYPO3-content-rendering] still some problems with clear:both

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Mar 13 17:06:42 CET 2007

hello,

first of all I am stilla mazed by the really nice and good markup
css_styled_content delivers nowadays.

However we are still facing some problems on CSS based multi columns
layouts using float-technics with the textpic element. ;(

The main problem is that csc delivers/renders by default with this
markup/CSS:

div.csc-textpic-intext-left-nowrap .csc-textpic-imagewrap {
    clear: both;
}

This clearing sometimes affects containers that are way up in the DOM
and destroys the nicely aligned columns of the site-layout.

An example can be seen here [might be switched to table again when you
see it]:
http://cms2.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/instluh/index.php?id=58

Actually some of you *must* have run into this problem also already?
Since the rendering/CSS is so complex I must admit that I don't really
have a clue how to improve it. ;(

Any help/hints are welcome.
Dow e already have setup a kind of Testsuite/-site to check for all
these layout-options?

thx and and warm, sunny greets,
Peter
--