[TYPO3-content-rendering] still some problems with clear:both

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Apr 10 10:41:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Peter Niederlag wrote: on 02.04.2007 10:37:
[...]
>>> What's the reason for not doing so? Is is technically not possible? To
>>> complex to handle?
>>> Anything else? [Me just being curious]
>>
>> I think I don't get your question... You mean what is the reason for the
>> "intext-left-nowrap" (and -right-) in css_styled_content?
>>
>> The main reason is to separate the one content element from the next
>> one, even if the image is larger than the text part. Mainly because it
>> always have been like that ("backwards compatibility" with the old table
>> variant of IMGTEXT).

IMO we only need a clear if we have some elements (pictures) before that
really have a float applied. AFAIR we had the problem that there was a
clear but for some reason there was no element that  had an open float
applied. therfor the clear was applied to our general site-layout, which
was the next floating element.

> But there are clears missing! I have seen failed layouts with a short
> text where exactly this happens with intext-left (-right). I had to
> change it to intext-left-nowrap manually, but that's not really obvious
> for the average editor. So we need more, not less clears.

I guess in first place we rather need a good and documented test-case so
we can really easy and nicely test how everything is going. Ther are
just too many positiong-options and combinations that it is really hard
to make it failsafe. ;( AFAIR it also made a difference if the header
was included or not.

Greets,
Peter
--