[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS problem in CSS-styled IMGTEXT

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Thu Mar 16 01:18:29 CET 2006

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>

>> In future (4.5 or beyond) I would also prefer:
>>
>> "csc-textpic" on the surrounding block
>> "imageblock" on the whole image block
>> "image" on each image element
>> "caption" on an image caption
>> etc.

I currently changed the csc-markup for my recent projects to exactly the
way you wrote here. The only things that I was not able to change the
way I'd like them via TS as they are hardcoded are:
- csc-textpic-caption-[align]
- csc-textpic-equalheight
- csc-textpic-border
- classes for uploads
- classes for bulletlists

Maybe these (at least the first three) could become configurable as well?

Wouldn't it be 'nicer' to do the rendering of the last 2 cases
completely via TS as I see no need for a userFunc in the way it is
currently rendered. Is there a reason why it is the way it is?
Performance? (I'm just interested)

> I wouldn't drop the "csc" prefix to protect the classes from clashes
> with user CSS.

That is a point of view. I - for example - would prefer them without
additional prefix. Captions are a good example where a global class
'caption' without prefix would be of more use I guess. And if the
developer want's to change a specific class it can always be done by
address nested classes. In case of 'csc-textpic-border' it might make
more sense with prefix - but there I'd suggest something like
'image-border'.

One additional thing. It would be good if there would be a additional
class if there is _ONLY ONE_ image, to be able to remove unwanted margins.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch