[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS problem in CSS-styled IMGTEXT

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Mar 15 14:12:59 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 15.03.2006 13:46:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>
>> I also know that there are people against new CSS-classes, but I think
>> this is currently the best way to do that without falling back to the
>> "good-old" tables. :)
>
> These new classes are additional, they don't replace any old one right?
>
> For 4 images we should get something like that:
>
> img img-first | img | img | img img-last

Yes, that is exacly what I intend to do. The classes won't apply to the
IMG tag, but to the surrounding construct that is already tagged with
class csc-textpic-image. So:

csc-textpic-image csc-textpic-image-colfirst |
  csc-textpic-image |
  csc-textpic-image |
  csc-textpic-image csc-textpic-image-collast |

I prefer "colfirst" and "collast", because there might be more than one
row of images.

I am also following the CSS-class-names-thread where some desire more
compact classnames. I agree with that, but its a bit too late for 4.0,
so I will keep the "long" names to keep it consistent.

In future (4.5 or beyond) I would also prefer:

"csc-textpic" on the surrounding block
"imageblock" on the whole image block
"image" on each image element
"caption" on an image caption
etc.

If e.g. future tt_news also uses those kind of class names it would be
easy to configure the layout of "captions" globally, no matter in which
extension they occur. Its currently ugly that tt_news image captions
have different CSS-classnames as tt_content image captions.

Cheers,
Ernesto