[TYPO3-content-rendering] let's get classy ;)

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Wed Mar 15 08:33:36 CET 2006

Hello

from thread: "tt_content.menu.20 in TYPO3 4.0beta3"

<quote Elmar>

 > I would appriciate it when the discussion would make some progress and
 > come to some results.

</quote>

Well, after having been very enthusiastic i found that it's one thing
posting schemes to the wiki and a second doing something about it
extensionwise... though I wonder why no other schemes than my initial
ones have been posted - after all, when it comes to ids&classes
webdeveloppers are quick to go up the walls ;)

Out of my basic extension experiments during the last weeks some
questions arose which might be worth discussing:

[1] Is it enough to realise a CRS by using a TypoScript library that is
preconfigured for the user?

I think: yes! CRS could be a preconfigured TS-Setup depending on the
users choice to use lean, normal or rich markup.

[2] If you say no to question 1, why so and where would you want to hook
in with a "real" php class and for what reasons?

[3] How far reaching will it have to be?

If we understand a CRS in the sense of question 1, in my opinion this
would imply the following:

- user includes static file from extension and chooses CRS type (lean,
normal, rich)
- CRS provides a basic, multicolumn html layout (l,n,r)
- CRS provides CONFIG & PAGE setup, some values of which can be set by
using the good old Constant Editor
- CRS provides some menu scripts (l,n,r)
- CRS provides an adapted TS setup for css_styled_content (l,n,r)

Undestood like this CRS does not cover extensions like tt_news et. all

[4] What is the relation between CRS and other extensions? How would you
influence the rendering of any given extension?

During my tests I quickly found that the TS-Library is the cornerstone
of everything and this is what I focused on. And I found that putting a
nice and classy scheme into the wiki like the TMENU with combined
odd&even + first&last scheme is one thing, doing it another (e.g.
sometimes stupid need of using .allWrap cause .wrapItemAndSub has no
stdWrap)

Anyway, I'm curious to hear your opinions. And: CRS is not dead! :)

Cheers, Torsten